There are several things to keep in mind when caring for your dentures:
- Brush your dentures inside and out every day with a soft denture toothbrush
- Do not use toothpaste on your dentures, as they are abrasive and can scratch your dentures
- Use denture creams to clean your denture and rinse with warm water
- Dentures will warp if placed in hot water
- Check your denture for worn teeth regularly
- Cover your dentures with water or a denture-cleaning solution when they are not in use
- Visit our dentist regularly
- If you have loose dentures, have them checked immediately
Dr. Kerry Olszewski is happy to provide denture repair in Mill Creek, Washington. Our dentist will perform annual denture exams to check for any oral abnormalities and to ensure that your denture is still fitting properly. Ill-fitting dentures can cause bite problems, speech impediments, and tissue irritations. Our dentist will reline your dentures at least every two years, as your gum tissues will change over time. She may rebase your denture if the base of the denture has worn out, but the denture teeth are still in good condition. We can also repair fractured or otherwise damaged dentures.
Please contact Mill Creek General Dentistry today to learn more and to schedule your next appointment.