When a patient is missing all of their permanent teeth, Dr. Kerry Olszewski may recommend implant-supported dentures in Mill Creek, Washington. Implant-supported dentures are one of the less expensive ways to restore your smile’s beauty and functionality. Dentures can be anchored by dental implants; this is an improvement over traditional, removable dentures, which can slip and slide in your mouth. Implant-supported dentures have the following advantages:
- Denture adhesives, pastes, sticky gum, and powders are not necessary
- The dental implants will maintain your facial structure
- The dental implants can preserve the bone in your jaws
- They reduce wrinkles around your mouth by restoring lip-support
- You can eat all of your favorite foods with ease
- They are secure and comfortable
Our dentist will place dental implants in your jawbone at the front of your mouth, where there will be more bone structure remaining. The placement of your dental implants and attaching the denture can last months. However, if mini-implants are used, your denture can be attached on the same day. You will try the denture on to ensure that it fits together properly with the dental implants.
We encourage you to contact Mill Creek General Dentistry today to learn more and to schedule your next appointment.