This Halloween season, don’t get spooked by cavities or gum disease. Instead, why not use these tips and tricks to keep your smile healthy this spooktacular season?
· Remember to brush your teeth regularly. Brushing at least twice a day for two minutes a day will help you keep your teeth healthy and free from tooth decay.
· Don’t forget to floss. Flossing reaches the places a toothbrush cannot reach. Between the teeth and deep along the gum line are popular places for candy to leave sugary particles forming cavities.
· Use mouthwash after brushing. By using mouthwash, you can clear away any remaining bacteria in your mouth after brushing, leaving your smile clean and fresh.
· Avoid hard and sticky candies. These candies can be very harmful to your teeth. The sugary substance can latch onto your tooth enamel encouraging tooth decay.
· Have your candy with other meals. This will encourage other food particles and saliva to wash the sugar from your teeth.
· Try providing sugarless gum. Sugarless gum can encourage saliva production, which can wash away the harmful food particles in your mouth.
If you would like to come in for a dental cleaning, or would like more advice on how to keep your oral health during this sugary season, please come into our office here at Mill Creek General Dentistry in Mill Creek, Washington, or call 425-337-5549 and make an appointment with a member of our friendly staff. We are always happy to help you achieve positive oral health or answer any questions you may have about your oral care. So, don’t delay and call us today. We would be happy to help you fight the war on cavities this holiday season.