Are you taking care of your toothbrush? Although we often think of how our toothbrushes care for us, it is important to make sure you’re returning the favor. Not only should you make sure your toothbrush remains in peak condition, but you should also make sure it is kept clean and can function according to your oral health care needs. Regarding the care of your toothbrush needs, consider the following guidelines:
– Consult with your dentist about product suggestions and recommendations for toothbrushes and toothpaste.
– Always purchase a new toothbrush every 3 to 4 months or earlier if it is a youth toothbrush.
– Be sure to keep your toothbrush clean when not in use.
– Avoid situations where your toothbrush can touch other toothbrushes, as cross-contamination can occur.
– If you need extra with your oral health care, visit your dentist for routine checkups and oral examinations.
– Avoid sharing your toothbrush with anyone else or use anyone else’s toothbrush.
– Protect your toothbrush and air it out in a space that is free of moisture build-up.
– If you are having issues brushing with traditional toothbrushes, consider using an electric toothbrush instead.
– To prevent abrasion, always select toothbrushes that have soft bristles.
If you would like to set up an appointment with Dr. Kerry Olszewski at our dentist office in Mill Creek, Washington for toothbrush care, please call us at 425-337-5549. Our team at Mill Creek General Dentistry looks forward to keeping your oral health in optimum condition.