There are some procedures in the world of dentistry that are simple and easy to improve your smile. One example is a teeth-whitening procedure. Having your teeth whitened by a professional can be a healthy way to enhance the appearance of your smile.
Our dentist, Dr. Kerry Olszewski with Mill Creek General Dentistry offers teeth-whitening as a treatment to improve the shade and color of your teeth. To help you learn more about teeth-whitening treatments, our office is happy to share this information with you:
– Always make sure to use safe whitening treatments. The safest materials are available from your dentist in the form of a professional in-office whitening system.
– Over-the-counter products are unregulated, and they may actually do damage to your smile. They can bleach your gums and wear down your tooth enamel. Never use any over-the-counter products before consulting with your dentist.
– If you require whitening treatments for minor touchups, speak with your dentist about products to use in the comfort of your own home.
– To keep your teeth white, avoid products that can easily stain them, including products in your diet or your lifestyle.
– Because your teeth will continue to discolor over time if you are not careful, you can routinely visit your dentist for whitening treatments as needed. Additional whitening treatments are not dangerous to your oral health.
If you are ready for a teeth-whitening treatment, or if you would like an appointment with our dental professional, please call us today at 425-337-5549 to make an appointment. Our dental team in Mill Creek, Washington, is happy to help you whiten your teeth safely and effectively.