Dr. Kerry Olszewski and our team in Mill Creek, Washington, are here to help you with all of your oral care needs, and to help us accomplish this we use radiography, or dental X-rays, to view what is happening in your mouth. Our goal is to find issues early and while treatment options are least invasive.
We take dental X-rays for the following reasons:
- To check for decay between your pearly whites.
- To check for bone loss due to periodontal disease.
- To check for decay beneath your tooth fillings.
- To see if there is an infection at the tip of the tooth root near the bone.
- To see the full picture of your mouth before performing a dental treatment.
Intraoral X-rays include bite-wing, periapical, and occlusal X-rays. Bite-wing X-rays reveal the tooth from the crown to the level of the bone. Periapical X-rays show the entire tooth, from the crown to the end of the root area where your teeth sit in the jaw. Occlusal X-rays show the full tooth development and where it sits, so the entire arch of the teeth in the upper and lower jaw are visible.
Your dental X-rays provide us with an important view into your oral health. If you have any oral health concerns or need to see our dentist, we invite you to call us today at 425-337-5549. Dr. Kerry Olszewski and our team in Mill Creek, Washington wish you and yours a Happy Thanksgiving!