At times, our dentist may have to refer you to a dental specialist in Mill Creek, Washington. This is so you can receive the best care possible when you need a complex, extensive treatment. There are different types of dental specialists for different situations. They are all experts in their areas of dentistry.

Oral and maxillofacial surgeons specialize in surgeries of the mouth, face, and jaws. They can perform all types of surgeries in these areas, both with the bones and the soft tissues.

Periodontists specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of periodontal disease and other conditions affecting the gums. If Dr. Kerry Olszewski refers you to a periodontist, she has decided that your gums need special attention. The periodontist and our dentist will work together to make sure you receive the care that you need.

An endodontist diagnoses and treats abnormalities in the dental pulp and periapical tissues of the teeth.

A prosthodontist examines issues caused by the loss of permanent teeth and the surrounding tissues and bone. They form treatment plans for the construction of replacement teeth and tissues to restore and beauty function to your face, mouth, and jaw.

A pediatric dentist specializes in the management and treatment of a child’s developing teeth, child behavior, physical growth and development, and the special needs of a child’s dentistry.

An orthodontist treats and prevents mouth, teeth, and jaw problems using braces, retainers, and other devices.

Please contact Mill Creek General Dentistry today to learn more and to schedule your next appointment.